My neighbour has a juvenile kauri tree and periodically
passes over a fallen branch knowing I use the leaves
for soap but this time I thought I'd experiment with
using the leaves with some flax to make paper.
Farmers "make hay" when the sun shines.
I make paper!
It doesn't look a lot different but the smell was
divine and the paper, a richer brown in colour.
What I'm interested in doing is making some
books using the kauri paper and creating some
different covers..felted, ceramic and encaustic
wax (the latter I keep hoping to do at TLC
campus some time but might just have
to do my own exploring)
Next... a few images I found surfing the net.
Love these tree/vine images on these books..
Looks like this bowl is made with paper
pulp. Love the painted tree image.
This image has got me thinking about the
paper torso cast I'm wanting to make.
I really like that it includes the head
and has the tree growing out of it.
With the winter and rain and slow-drying days
I decided to make some drying frames.
I bought some real cheap plastic mesh/netting
from Arthur's Emporium and have in the past
been able to get thin bits of wood but they don't
have them anymore so went to Mitre 10.
The chap found me the best deal and even
cut the wood for me so all I needed to do
was nail it together once I got home.
Ta-da...ready for the netting, which I stapled on.
They're pretty rough 'n ready but I'm proud
of myself for putting them together and the two
frames will hold a "batch" of drying paper.
Drying outside while the sun was out...
..and inside, one stacked on the other, overnight
in the laundry using the dehumidifier. The
paper was completely dry by the morning.
dry by th






No comments:
Post a Comment