Saturday, 18 August 2012

Resource #2 Drawing into Paint

Drawing into paint #1 - Exercise 4: Using a theme of your choice, 
create a painting with little or no use of a brush.
Inspired by this photo I took one foggy winters morning last month, 
I've used grey paint which was applied with a sponge
 and the black around the border, with the bristles of an old paint brush.
For the tree I used a piece of wood (off-cut), a twig and a little bit of lichen. 
I really enjoyed doing this....
Drawing into paint #1 - Exercise 7: Cut 10 pieces of paper into A5 size. 
Make monoprints of paint applied to a sheet of plastic 
and use different tools to make patterns.
 

Drawing into paint #1 - Exercise 8: Choose whatever exercise worked best for you and create a large-scale piece.
My next painting was inspired by the above photo I took
I'm so happy how this has turned out! 
I've used a piece of wood (for the power pole) 
a peg for the cross bars,
the end of a pencil for the 'knobs'
the side of an iceblock stick for the lamp arm,
and the side of a ruler for the 'wires'
The light has been sponged and the lettering, stamped.

Time: 2 hours (17 Aug) 5 & 1/2 hours (18 Aug)

No comments:

Post a Comment