Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Resource #2 Colour Basics

It's been a busy and stressful week or so but I have managed to get some art done over the weekend and then again this afternoon. I have been trying to photograph my work but doing that sort of thing in the evening is NOT the best time because of the flash. I need to be patient and wait until tomorrow now.

On Saturday I worked on some tonal exercises. I started off experimenting with charcoal but found it too messy for my liking, so switch to using pencil (2B and 4B) I didn't enjoy the shapes with straight lines as much as the curved shapes for some reason. I've yet to complete two of the tonal exercises. 
 (photo to come)

Today I worked on the Drawing for all Your Worth line/tone doodling exercise.
Drawing for all your Worth #1
Exercise 8 - line/tone, doodling

I've played around with the pastels...allowing the colours to 
dictate movement and form..and really enjoyed doing this.

 (Time: 45 minutes)

Then I worked on the Colour Basics #1 Exercises 
I had two attempts with the colour wheel....
Exercise 1: Colour Wheel

I really struggled with blending the paints with a paint brush 
so I resorted to using my fingers...much easier and a lot more fun!!

Exercise 2: Primary and Secodary colours blended with white
 Here I have used my fingers to blend red and yellow
to make orange, with white..

..and blue and yellow to make green, with
 white
and blue and red with white.

Then I experimented with mixing the primary colours together (to make secondary colours) and blended those with black...
Greens/yellow with black...
and finally black and white...to make shades of grey.

Exercise 3: Cut/tear a small hole in a piece of paper and place it over a colour in a picture from a magazine. I've used a photo from our local newspaper.

..a close up picture!

(Time: 3 hours, 15th Aug 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment