Sometimes life just gets too much for me...and where I would have once "punished" myself with withholding food and over exercising, I now retreat to my bed. I pamper me.. I have an old television with a DVD player set up so I can watch movies/DVD's and yesterday I decided that I would immerse myself in watching the Resource DVD's until I fell asleep. I even got out my sketch book and tried a little drawing...but in the end I think I needed to just rest...unwind and reconnect with my inner peace by just being...and not doing ..or performing in some way.
Then I was woken during the early hours with Cameron needing me. He'd had a bad dream...so he ended up in bed next to me and we talked about growing up things and how that impacts us as we get older. My heart hurt for Cam as he shared his confusion, fears and struggles as he becomes a young man. I'm so privileged to have these special moments with each of my kids as they've got older!
It is now early afternoon on Sunday and I'm home alone...I had planned to make soap today but that takes a LOT of energy plus I was supposed to be meeting up with someone (who wants to know more about home-schooling...she is struggling with her 14 year old daughter) but I haven't heard back from her. So in the light of uncetainty and rainy weather I think I'll clear off the table, get my paints out and work on some of the Resource 2 exercises instead!
No comments:
Post a Comment