oh I am having so much FUN with these!
This is what I ended up doing with my first page using three colours and three different ways of applying paint (no brushes)
Can you read what it says??
It reads "Renew Your thinking"
I was inspired to add yellow as the leaf (of the fern) reminded me of the Kowhai tree which bares yellow flowers in the spring. Incidently, he symbol of the Women's Refuge movement is a Kowhai flower and it stands for beauty, resilience and the ability to survive in difficult places.
I was inspired to add yellow as the leaf (of the fern) reminded me of the Kowhai tree which bares yellow flowers in the spring. Incidently, he symbol of the Women's Refuge movement is a Kowhai flower and it stands for beauty, resilience and the ability to survive in difficult places.
Exercise 3 - painting with music (I was listening to a FlyLeaf CD)
Purple paint applied with a scrunched up nylon netbag. The blue, with cardboard and the green paint, with a serated knife. When the paint had dried, I stamped the wording "New Beginnings Start Now" because that's what I feel I'm doing...
The koru symbolises new life, growth, strength and peace.
wow...I just looked at the CD to see what it was called
and look what's on it..Korus!
Photo inspiration: Drawing into paint
Old Oak Tree- love this tree and it is my inspiration for my next painting (exercise 4) ---started but yet to be completed
I took my camera out while walking our puppy early tuesday morning when I realised there was misty fog here in Whangarei. It was amazing and so beautiful!
I took my camera out while walking our puppy early tuesday morning when I realised there was misty fog here in Whangarei. It was amazing and so beautiful!
This is my background... grey paint was applied with a sponge
and the black, with the bristles of an old paint brush
Patterns in Nature - Visual diary
These are some of the many photos I have taken recently.
I'm very inspired by mature..and it's colours, textures and patterns.
Some charcoal rubbings
left page: basket weave (top) conifer bark (bottom)
right: clockwise from top right - trampoline mat, 1 inch square wire on aviary, concrete, tin trunk, trampoline spring, chicken wire
...another background..... Watch this space!
Total time: Friday/Saturday - 6 hours









No comments:
Post a Comment