I watched the DVD again and have been reading through "Go! The Art of Change" book and found inspiration in what Jonathan shares.
After a particularly stressful day yesterday, I ended up going to bed and drawing. At first, it was hard...and I felt really frustrated with everything I tried but I kept on working on my sketches building up toning and erasing back for the light..and in the end actually felt satisfied with my attempts.
(will take pics and upload them tomorrow)
Today I have been working (voluntary) at The BACH where I sell my soap. I thought I was going to be on my own for the first time (I've only done a few Sundays...and this was my fourth) but when I arrived Glenda (the founder of the BACH) had come in for the day and said I could go home if I wanted to. I decided to stay and in the end it's been a good day. I've learned a lot about the history and purpose, and been artistically and creatively-inspired which is great for the soul....
One of the things I learned about today was that Glenda is very passionate about Hundertwasser's work. Whangarei is proposing building the HUNDERTWASSER ART CENTRE next to The BACH which will be great for artisan sales. She had some of his work on her laptop and I realised, with reading his writings about his specific style, that one of the reasons he inspires me is HE DOESN'T LIKE LINES AND SHARP ANGLES ....wow! Me neither! The other is his use of colour. Glenda uploaded the Hundertwasser files onto a USB stick and when I got home I spent some time looking through them.
So I'm "buzzing" and I can't wait to start on Resource #2 tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment