The Whangarei Community Tapestry Project, supported by The BACH (Basin Arts and Crafts House) has provided a great opportunity for people to experience and appreciate the traditional art of weft weaving on a vertical loom here in Whangarei.
As the project is drawing to the end of its 3 year duration I have expressed interest in designing a second project which was presented to the (BACH) Committee for consideration at the last meeting. Two of the Committee members, our Chairperson, and one the BACH's founding members, took my propsal to the WDC for consideration. We hope to hear back soon if it's been accepted then I can get the ball rolling and apply for funding to purchase the needed materials .
Time: 22 hours - researching historic information and photos at the library, researching costings/availibily of materials online, brainstorming, and drawing up of and presentation of the project proposal for the WDC for consideration.
(PS..Andrew, I will email you a copy of the Propsal)

No comments:
Post a Comment