Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Ceramics - Major 2

The Reyburn Arts Studio at the Town Basin holds creative 
workshops over the week and it's here that I've started 
attending a weekly pottery group called "The Firebirds"
The group meets from 4-8pm on Tursday's and the firing 
of ceramics can be done in the kiln room (behind the tree)
 for a small cost. I really like going each week and get 
tips from the more experienced members along the way.
 I recently was given my own key so I am able to access
 the studio outside of the weekly group meeting
I've been working on a series of pottery numbers.
The numbers 18 and 70 are for mine and
 my parents houses respectively
One of The Firebird members brought in some textiles
 and found items for me to experiement with
 Just the 0 to do...
 Then I started on another series using tree bark
 to texture the clay....
..and I'm really enjoying doing these!
 I'll soon have sufficient to do a bisque firing
and have been learning how to use the kiln
and what the different firings mean.
 A couple of soap dishes - I'm loving the fern leaf imprint.
I'll lightly sand the edges after firing to smooth any roughness.

Time for the month of April: 15 hours (Ceramics)

No comments:

Post a Comment