For a while now I've been really interested
in the Wearable Arts but thought it was too
"out-of-my-league" to enter something..
A few weeks ago I saw a flyer advertising
the annual Art 'n Tartan Wearable Arts
the annual Art 'n Tartan Wearable Arts
I thought, why not? So I filled in
an entry form and sent it off.
The criteria of entry must include 25% tartan
so I jumped on the internet in search of fabric.
I was really excited to find some offcuts on
Trade Me that were only $3.50 Buy Now!!
I purchased it and the box arrived a few days
later. I've been brainstorming ever since
I made the decision to enter...
The section I'm entering in is an Open Section and
I'm basing my entry on my "Scottish Roots"...
a tree with a handmade paper trunk and tartan
leaves extending off wire "branches"
Over the next month I'll be making long pieces of
handmade paper using these long screens and my outdoor
bath. I'm hoping it'll work...so watch this space!
Time: 10 hours (3D/Sculpture)
researching, brainstorming
No comments:
Post a Comment