Tuesday, 2 February 2016

CATCHING UP...Nov/Dec 2015

Sometimes life all gets too much!
I have discovered and realised the importance 
of the therapeutic response in being creative.
This is how this piece came about...

EXPRESSIVE PAINTING/MIXED MEDIA:
After squirting on the paint, I used a piece of cardboard
 to spread it out working with (or against?) the tension 
in my head and body. I was very freeing to do this..
Then I grabbed a fork and dragged it over
the surface pushing it away from me in 
effort to rid myself of the awful thoughts
that were cursing through my mind...
The wording is stamped in ink and added
puzzle pieces because life is like a puzzle.
It gets frustrating when you can't make sense 
of the picture or the pieces don't fit together. 
 
Photo credit: Alfred Gescheidt
~o0o~
FORAGING AND DEHYDRATING PLANTS:
Working in the garden or just being around plants
/nature seems to have a calming effect on my soul.
I'm inspired by all the different textures and shapes.
This grape leaf became the template for a bowl.
Sadly, it broke while I had it drying out. :o/
Camomile and lavender
I use these in my soaps, so harvest and dehydrate 
when they're in full-bloom for future batches.
I'd love to be able to grow all my plant materials for my soaps
and salves but as I rent in town I've got certain limitations.
I'm really fortunate to have friends with native trees on their 
property who are happy to share their botannicals with me.
Tanekaha
My neighbours grow roses and have many. It's
 the second summer she's been happy for me to do
 a  little "pruning"...I exchange some soap in return
~o0o~
INSPIRATIONAL THINGS:
I'm always thinking, noticing...and seeing
Below are some images that appeal to me
 
Next up..Trip to Wellington
and Life Casting at TLC!


No comments:

Post a Comment