Friday, 14 August 2015

An "Ink Corporated" Exhibition

Two of the print-makers that attended the Te Kowhai Print Workshop (that I went to last month) are currently holding an exhibition of their work at The Wilson Art Gallery on the NorthTec Campus here in Whangarei. I was invited to attend the opening and was really amazed at what they'd achieved as part of their Art's programme as Honour students. 
It certainly gave me a bit of an idea of what I'd need to attain 
should I continue onto the next part of the TLC Diploma
 course...and I'm not sure if I am up to it! 

Here some photos of the opening..
Below is Hamish (on right), he's one of the exhibitors
 and he took one of the printmaking workshops one week
 (I think "woodcuts" but can't really remember)
This is one of h's wood cuts..and he was working on
it during  my time at the Te Kowhai Print Workshop
These woodcuts are HUGE...as you can see by 
the size in comparison to the man standing next 
to the woodcut. On the right is the printed image.
These photo blocks (above) show how Martinus and 
Hamish took prints from their huge woodcuts.
Some more of their amazing prints...
 ...and a couple of the woodcuts. 
The detail was amazing!
I can only hope, with time and practice 
I'm able to produce this level of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment