I've been working on the sides of my koru and can I just say, working with this stuff can be a little unforgiving and a lot frustrating! Needless to say, it's tuck away waiting for me to get re-inspired to continue working on it. Here's what happened...
As you can see in the close up pics, some of the hebel
has chipped away as I've been chiseling the grooves.
Especially at the top were it's curved.
I phoned Heather, who works with Hebel and sells her carvings at The Bach. She suggested I send her some photos (which I did) and she gave me some ideas on how to fix the problem and also sent me a photo showing one way she turned "a mistake" into a feature. It was a bit daunting sharing my work with her (but i know it's important to get feedback) and she was really helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with her suggestions.
Time Spent: 2.5 hours
No comments:
Post a Comment