Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Home today...

I'm so excited to have a HOME day today.
Working outside the home is good but for me 
there's nothing more satisfying than being at home 
and getting things done there. My plans are to do
 some printmaking.I worked on a woodblock 
Thursday evening at the Quarry Art Centre's 
"Inky Fingers" Workshop
 and try some reduction printmaking.
I have this self-seeded fern growing next to my back 
door steps. While taking the woodcut photo I noticed 
some little fronds so took some photos of them too.

This one looks like a baby hanging
upside down (like an unborn fetus)

Oh and I was looking through a Mindfood magazine
I loaned from Jane Cunningham (the art journalling coach)
and came across an article about the inner artist.
 As I read I spotted a name I recognised...
 
I feel sort of special belonging to a group of like-
minded people. It's like being part of a family....
The "Learning Connexion Family"

I'm excited to announce that I have 
a new responsibility at work! I'm going
to be taking photos and uploading them on 
new and existing artists work. I think this will 
be really good for me and I hope to increase 
my confidence in approaching advertising 
outlets to promote creative people and artists 
(like myself!) as a vocation in life but also beneficial 
for the general well-being as a human being.

Over the weekend I made a start on the 
beach tapestry I'm doing for The Bach.
I've decided I'm a Visual learner/worker
and need a coloured picture to work
from so have being adding colour to the 
outline guide the artist has drawn up.
I'm thinking I'm also going to simplify it 
slightly as I believe there is too much detail. 

I also need to make some fabric "ketes" for 
my soap kits in preparation for sending to the 
Riversdale Art Exhibition. I feeling a little stressed
but trying to look at this as an opportunity to
 market myself a little more and trust that it'll all 
come together by next week!

Monday (yesterday) was Art Journalling
 in the morning and we looked at a rather 
controversial topic - sex/ love making!
I can't say I was terribly comfortable but 
permitted myself to work with whatever came
 up for me and go-with-the-flow so to speak.

This morning while checking my emails etc 
I stumbled across an article by Colossal and was
fascinated by these embroidered landscapes 
I love the textures, colours and how realistic this looks!

Oh well...keep forging ahead Julia.
You don't know what's around the corner...


4 hours - printmaking
3 hours - art journalling
2 hours - tapestry
4 hours - photography/photo-editing
and webdesign

No comments:

Post a Comment