The Creative Process
1. This is awesome...
2. This is tricky...
3. This is shit...
4. I am shit!
5. This might be ok...
6. I'm really liking this...
7. This is awesome!
2. This is tricky...
3. This is shit...
4. I am shit!
5. This might be ok...
6. I'm really liking this...
7. This is awesome!
must remember this when I'm being creative.
I realised I hadn't posted a photo of this..
I realised I hadn't posted a photo of this..
It's my pohutukawa cartoon for my tapestry
..and a cardboard template for print-making.
I've been working on this...and just started on the first flower.
Second attempt at Under-painting - using my fingers to blend
I enjoyed this technique much more than using a brush.
Adding the oil glaze - outside as the turps was pretty smelly!
My third attempt at Under-painting - this time using black and
white for my tone (like I was supposed to but to scared to try!)
I found application with a plastic "trowel" fun and loose.
Just what I needed!! Now to add the colour....
PLAYING WITH CLAY
I was excited about seeing my leaves from last week and when I couldn't find them I got concerned the someone had mistakenly taken them....turns out they got fired and were still in the kiln.
When I went to pay my casual attendee fee I learned there was an Exhibition by The Firebirds for public viewing. I know one of the artists from The Bach and asked if it would be alright to take a few photos of the works that inspired me. I will get credit, where credit is due of course.
WORKS by MIKE MAUNDER
"Sculpture Bowl"
"Form"
WORKS by WENDY CUNLIFFE
"Astro Planter"
I think I might go along to one of the Firebird's classes one afternoon, just for a look-see.
ART INSPIRATION
Some textile work by Healy and Burke.
I've been working on this...and just started on the first flower.
Second attempt at Under-painting - using my fingers to blend
I enjoyed this technique much more than using a brush.
Adding the oil glaze - outside as the turps was pretty smelly!
My third attempt at Under-painting - this time using black and
white for my tone (like I was supposed to but to scared to try!)
I found application with a plastic "trowel" fun and loose.
Just what I needed!! Now to add the colour....
PLAYING WITH CLAY
On Tuesday I went along to the Quarry Arts Centre
and worked on some more clay ideas.
Leaf and Letter imprints.I was excited about seeing my leaves from last week and when I couldn't find them I got concerned the someone had mistakenly taken them....turns out they got fired and were still in the kiln.
When I went to pay my casual attendee fee I learned there was an Exhibition by The Firebirds for public viewing. I know one of the artists from The Bach and asked if it would be alright to take a few photos of the works that inspired me. I will get credit, where credit is due of course.
WORKS by MIKE MAUNDER
"Sculpture Bowl"
"Form"
WORKS by WENDY CUNLIFFE
"Flower bowl"
"Animal Collection""Astro Planter"
ART INSPIRATION
Some textile work by Healy and Burke.








No comments:
Post a Comment