It's been a busy time for me and I feel bad that I haven't had the same amount of time and energy to dedicate myself to my art. I've been working at The Bach a LOT lately in readiness for the "Tourist Season" (December-February) as I've been offered PAID part-time work! I'm feeling pretty tired with working and take a day or so to recuperate but when I can I do a little sketching and I've got ideas buzzing around my head. Just need time and energy to execute them! I've also been asked to provide a Creative Profile for The Bach. This, too has been "buzzing" around in my head as I put together a description of my creativity self for advertising purposes. In between all of that I've tried to fit in some art time; drawing, sculpturing, paper-making prep, soap-making etc etc.
My Celtic Knot is coming along. I'm really enjoying working with Hebel and love how effortlessly it shapes. As you can see this still needs work shaping the third centre piece but I'm loving how it's coming along and plan on using this as a maquette for a larger one.
Over the weekend (Saturday) I spent some time in the garden. It was so therapeutic and rewarding. Nothing more satisfying than getting a garden planting up with the hope of produce to eat! With my plant-inspirational juices flowing I cut a bunch of flax for paper-making and spent an hour or so cutting it up ready to cook. Presently it's "soaking" until I get the time to do that.
Calendula and Flax seeping in olive oil.
That, of course, led me to collecting herbs and native plant material for soap-making. *smiles*
I spent Saturday morning making up several types of soap. They have been selling really well since Labour Weekend and I am almost out of stocks. Yikes!
I've warped up my loom-on-loan.
I've had to be "creative" to make it work
but really happy with my achievements.
I've been doing some sketching of my proposed design which will be a pohutukawa flower...
..and working on the Community Tapestry Project at The Bach.
Yesterday I spent over an hour working on the "blue hues" of the mountain
On Sunday, I spent a hour working on the greens and creams.
This has further inspired my interest in textile art and doing a little online research and "googling" the internet found a site that features an Italian Textile Artist called Silvia Zamprogna (at least I think that is her name)
Here is some of her works...
I love that she uses lots of natural things!
What an awesome loom!
Some of the found objects she uses.
I also came across another textile artist called Boisali Biswas.
Here is a piece of her work.
I just love this for some reason!
Finally, I've been working on a little doodling when its been quiet at The Bach. I'm still trying to "loosen up" and my Inner Critic loves to have a go when I'm tired and unsure of myself.
Hours (approx)
3D Sculpture - 2 hours
Textiles - 5 hours
Drawing - 1 hour
Soap-making - 5 hours
Plant prep for paper-making - 2 hours



















No comments:
Post a Comment