Saturday, 4 May 2013

Trying to ignore...

I'm trying to ignore the things 
my thoughts are telling me.
Things like "You're useless.."
"You can't do anything right..."
and
 "WHY are you even DOING this??"
Arrgh!!
So not feeling very good today.
Just Pushing Through, so to speak
Here's what I did today...
 The paper mache mask I made
 yesterday was dry this morning
 ...so I gave it a few coats of white paint
Of course, it showed up all the imperfections
which started off my downward thought spiral
 
I made a start of the second mask
and enjoyed the hands-on tactile process.
 While that was put aside for drying..
I thought I'd work on the painted hessian.
As you can see above I made a 
BOTCH-UP with my painting...duh!
 So I had to paint over the centre green area.

Oh...my paper arrived the other day!
This is the flax paper 
I made on campus with Sue Blumskey
I am really happy with it and eventually want to use
handmade paper for my soap labels. Unfortunately,
 the coarse stuff doesn't run though the printer 
terribly well and I need to say what my soaps are etc
I have thought about stamping on lettering
 and have a leaflet that explains the herbal properties
but I'm not sure. I'm still working on this idea...

Time: 5 hours (Saturday 4 May)
Mask-making, Painting on hessian, 
handmade paper,where I'm at, photo editing

4 comments:

  1. have you thought about using the flax paper to make a band that goes around the soap, and then attaching a smooth paper label on top of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Suz...maybe I'll give it a go with the next batch.

      Delete
  2. have you thought about using the flax paper to make a band that goes around the soap, and then attaching a smooth paper label on top of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh...and thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments :0)

      Delete