Friday, 17 May 2013

Masks - Four Seasons: The Changing Life Cycles

Well I'm pooped!
I've been at it all day...finishing 
up the Masks that is.
And they are DONE!
 
I'd like to say the were real easy..but 
they had me in tears and yesterday 
I realised I was scared of working on 
them, as I didn't want to "stuff them up"!!
So I painted up some sample swatches
to experiment with, that way, any mistakes 
would be made on them and not the masks.
Or so I thought! I was working on the 
Summer Mask and tried to apply a stamp
with Staz-On ink. Of course, I had to be 
BLACK and it had to be the ONE 
permanent ink pad I own...and of course, 
it smudged..and it was the LAST mask!
Fortunately, I hadn't disposed of the paints
on the tray so was able to fix it up.
Oh...and I couldn't find the eye lashes
I'd bought in town on Tuesday so had 
to go back down and get some more.
But, they are completed now 
and I'm really happy with them!

First up is SPRING

 SUMMER...

 AUTUMN...

and WINTER...
Now to display them on the wall....
Over the past few days I've had some ideas
 but that can wait for another day!

TIME: 12 hours (16/17 May)
Masks - Four Seasons

TIME TOTALS FOR MAY: 33 hours




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. It's a bit scary putting myself "out there" when there are so many amazing artists that are way better than me!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow they look fantastic and love your quotes on each of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Looking at the masks with "fresh" eyes makes me think maybe the white of the journalling strips stands out a bit too much and maybe I should have gone for more subtle to match the mask. I did think about it but didn't act on those thoughts as I was getting pretty tired by the end of the day.

      Oh well...maybe next time...

      Delete