Monday, 3 September 2012

Resource DVD's - 3-6

I spent the day in bed yesterday. Not because I was sick...but because I needed a "stay-in-bed-all-day" day. It was great! and I spent all day watching DVD's. The Resource DVD's from 3-6. I got a lot out of watching them, as it's given me a visual idea of what I'm working towards and going to be doing in the future.

I think my favourite would have to be the print making session with Marci Tackett on the Resource 6 DVD. I was also greatly encouraged by some of the things that was being said by varying tutors and even Jonathan Milne himself. That art needs to be free...let go off..and fun, experimental. That's all part of the process. Finding what works..and what works for you. Playing with colour and tone, form and shape....and by using a variety of medium to find what "does it" for the individual artist.

So, yes, I'm feeling more confident about where I'm going in this thing called Art Expression. Still exploring and will do so until I "find" it!

Some of the other things I'm looking forward to is the mask/casting (my dd16 has agree to be my model) and the 3D Sculpture. I've never done either before so it will be fun trying something new.

Also, I think I have decided on my Project X ..after much consideration I'm going to do what I orginally thought of doing...and that's a mixed media canvas using the products from my Travelling Egg Project and it will be called "New Beginnings" ..I'm just writing up my brief now.

Time: 8 hours (Sunday 2nd September, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment