Tuesday, 15 May 2018

Art Inspiration - Klimt

 I continued to work on my art-inspired painting from Gustav Klimt. I was discouraged that the black marker pen showed through the white but knew I need to push through and not let that inhibit me. While working on the second piece a "light went on" and I opted to stencil over red (using an underturned McD's plastic drink container lid) and the hole was almost the perfect size. I choose to allow slight imperfection in my work and feel really proud of that fact!
I was sure I'd taken photos of my processes for this but unfortunately I didn't (I must have been too caught up in "the doing" of it!) I cut up pieces of sponge to create the desired shapes and randomly stamped them to create the patterns. I had planned to outline in black but was really worried I'd wreck it and be disappointed. This in itself annoys me that I am STILL caught up in fear of exploratory creativity.
 I was invited to go to the members-only opening of the Whangarei Quilt Show. As always, there was an amazing display of quilts and I restrained myself in only buying a $2 bundle of craft magazines. Lots of ideas which I will probably never have time to do unless I live to 150!
 Ricky and I continued to work on the wooden assemblage (planter box) for his Mum. He has become so much more confident and skilled in wood-working since we began which is great to see. 
 A book that was recommended to me by Catherine at TLC. I was talking with her (actually crying!) at my sadness to be finishing up my Diploma, Honours programme when I was down at the encaustic art workshop in April and she said this book was really helpful to her. I jumped on Fishpond and ordered it but yet to read it.
 My cat is so funny. She likes to sleep on things. I had covered Ricky's planter box with a tarp. Silly cat jumped up thinking she could curl up and sleep on top not realising it was an empty box frame! I couldn't help but grab my camera and take photos as she slowly descended like an elevator going down!
I love taking photos - it makes me happy :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment