The Patiki Studio and Gallery in Helensville, just north of Auckland emailed requesting some samples of my soap and upon receiving them, they placed an order for 80 bars!
One of the things I've really struggled with is with pricing, and working out what is the wholesale cost and what is a realistic retail cost. For many years that's been set at $6 per bar or 2 for $10. I really can't sustain that so after much deliberation (and people telling me to put the price up to $7 a soap) that's what I'm going to do.
I bought a couple of plastic containers with divisions to make bars I can cut in half and I plan on pricing these at $4 each. I had a bit of trouble getting the soap out of the container and found they need to be sliced immediately before hardening - otherwise the block got slightly damaged while being cut in half.
8 hours


No comments:
Post a Comment