When it has been quiet at work I have taken the opportunity to work on the hem.
Not much to do on it now so I have prepared a list of yarns we need to order for the image.
I found the easiest way to choose the colours was to separate the artwork into sections - the water, sky, hills, Pa etc. From there, I typed up a Word Doc. which can be added to over time and used for reordering in the future. I sent our first wool order off to the supplier on Monday and there was a box waiting to be opened in the office when I got to work by the weekend.
I plan on sorting them into groups/shades of colour.
Visitors Book
To make: first I attached the hinge piece to the main piece of card using masking tape and glue to a sheet of handmade paper.
I repeated the process of covering the card except this time i left a much wider "hinge" are when joining the card together with masking tape so it would open easier. I'm still worried the paper will tear though and thinking I'll apply a layer of modge podge to strengthen it and allow movement at the hinge area. Again, looking forward to my block week book binding course at TLC on the 18th of September - hopefully I will learn some problem solving techniques and have a good time being creative while there on campus.
The visitors book Cover Logo - with The Bach colours. I now just need to get the comments pages printed, make the holes for the screws and assemble the book.
Community Tapestry Project - 12 hours
After gluing the corners down I adhered all four sides and pressed then using a stack of books
as weights.
Once this had dried I glued a sheet of A4 paper to the inside of the covers. Unfortunately the painted paper cracked upon bending so I had to improvise with duct tape to cover the cracks at the edge where the hinge bent back to open.
I'm glad I didn't go any further with this as it it not The Bach "colours" (all our logos/signs etc are uniformly orange and purple) and I need to make the book to match. I hadn't thought of that when I painted the painted for my cover.
So, I started all over again, this time with purple paint for the book cover. My cat, Tibby supervised the drying process lol!
It was quite windy (spring has sprung here in the North!) and I had to weight the corners to stops the sheets of wet painted paper from blowing away.I repeated the process of covering the card except this time i left a much wider "hinge" are when joining the card together with masking tape so it would open easier. I'm still worried the paper will tear though and thinking I'll apply a layer of modge podge to strengthen it and allow movement at the hinge area. Again, looking forward to my block week book binding course at TLC on the 18th of September - hopefully I will learn some problem solving techniques and have a good time being creative while there on campus.
The visitors book Cover Logo - with The Bach colours. I now just need to get the comments pages printed, make the holes for the screws and assemble the book.
Community Tapestry Project - 12 hours


No comments:
Post a Comment