Saturday, 10 January 2015

So so busy...

It's been such a long time since I've update here and with Christmas/New Year's been and gone I'd like to think that things will settle down a little. Except of, summer is our peak sales season at The Bach and when lots of our members head off on holiday so I tend to work extra days covering days people are away. What I thought I'd post was some photos of my Soap 'n Salve Sets that I'd been busy working on prior to Christmas. 
 A few of my "ketes" ..my plan is to eventually design my 
own printed fabric, maybe as a would cut? or screen print?
 I used hessian for the outer and lined it with cotton fabric.
 Each kit contains a soap, a salve, a hand-
 knitted face-cloth and a piece of NZ pumice.
I've designed my own labels for the salves 
and the pumice has a little tag attached.
 Sadly, I don't think I got them into the shop in time for 
Christmas sales but I'm still hoping they will sell. 
I need to take in some individual pottles of 
each salve as a Tester. People seem to like
 that with cosmetic prior to purchase.
My printed sheet of "Love Your Feet" tags
 before I cut them and attached them to the pumice.

Our Community tapestry is coming along.
We are 3/4 of the way there now.
 When I get the opportunity, I do a little weaving.
 Here I was working on the letter N.

December is when the Pohutukawa trees bloom 
so I have a short window to gather flowers
 for my soap-making for the coming year.
I was very excited to find my little pohutukawa in flower...
 ..my first and only, to be admired and not picked!
I go "hunting and gathering"....

 I was very excited to come across a broken
kauri tree branch while out on a walk too...
..I've got them natural drying in the sun so I can
whiz them up for storage. I'm needing a lot
 more plant material now with the increase of
 my soap sales and also retail outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment