I think I've had a bit of a breakthrough with my
Art Journalling. It's taken me a bit to get my own
handwriting on my pages, which sounds STUPID
but in the past I've always been disappointed and
thought I'd "messed it up" by writing on my work.
I had the idea of writing text up the purple
strokes..like breathing them out as they
(over time) become an integral part of me.
This time I'm really liking how it turned out!
Maybe it's the subtly of the wording
as it's written in white?
This is the page I started on yesterday (29th Sept)
Our word prompt was RESTORE...
Jane asked us to bring a photo/printed picture
of ourselves. She required us to tear it up, to
symbolise our brokenness as human beings.
I hadn't planned a second page but the words
HEAL and CLEANSE kept coming to mind.
Hence the blood.
For the blood cleans and heals
both physically and spiritually.
Remember the days of blood-letting??
Remember the days of blood-letting??
On Saturday I attended the SPIN-IN workshop
at the St John's. It was brimming with women,
spinning wheels and activity when I arrived.
I didn't stay long but I did enjoy my wander
around and picked up some small hand-dyed
bags of mohair from the son/DIL of Jackie B,
who is a member of The BACH. I plan to use
it for a nano-felted idea I have. By the way...
I have inherited an Ashford Spinning Wheel!
One of the ladies (Jackie C) was having a
big clean out (of her MANY spinning wheels)
and has given me one. HOW AWESOME
IS THAT!! Now to learn to spin!
I'm also excited about my little tapestry.
It's almost finished...woohoo!
Hours:
2 hours @ Spinning Workshop
6 hours Tapestry
(3 hours Weaving Workshop 23 September
3 hours Community Tapestry Project @The Bach)
7 hours - Art Journalling





No comments:
Post a Comment