Thursday, 19 December 2013

Where I'm at...

Life has got REALLY busy now that I'm working at The BACH 2-3 days a week. I'm feeling a bit stressed and stretched for time to do everything but really grateful to The BACH for the opportunity to have some paid work and the extra money helps with it being Christmas soon! So what have I being doing??
 I did some garden work for my parents early December
and was delighted to find their flax needed trimming.
You know what they say...
"While the sun shines, make hay"
..well, I make paper! 
 I've found a great use the the trampoline!
I use my paper for my soap I sell at The BACH, which I
should add have been selling really well and I need
to keep making it to keep up with the sales!
I've been enjoying going along on a Tuesday morning to
the Quarry Arts Centre for Clay/Pottery Classes.
Its very relaxed and informal but those there
 that have been doing it for some time are happy to 
pass on their wisdom and knowledge.
 My "fired" leaves
 I had intended to make some koru shapes 
out of the remaining clay but was invited to 
try some glaze on my leaves and things...
 She said she will fire them with her items at the 
end of the week, if there's room in the kiln.
 I've (finally) finished my celtic sculpture and 
have given it and my koru a coat of sealer. 
 I've also being working out how I'm going to use my large piece
 of stone. I did plan to make a large celtic knot but thinking
 maybe doing something that better uses the oblong shape. 
I'd quite like to do something like this.

More pics to come.... 





2 comments:

  1. you clever girl making the flax paper - I sure love how you package your soap! Love your clay work you really are an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww...thank you for your encouraging words, Leanne! {{hugs}}

      Delete