Wednesday, 22 March 2017

March 2017 - what I've been doing

March is galloping by in a whirl of activity. As well as juggling my added responsibilities at work (administration) I'm now fitting in organizing the tapestry project which is proving to be a much bigger job than I envisaged! Working within a committee is teaching me a lot about how other people function in a group situation. Some days I cope, other days I wonder just what the heck I'm doing here.

 Last week, I needed to work on an application for funding but had to alter it last minute as I was advised by the Committee Chairperson it needed to be checked by committee for approval/changes before sending. Local council funding for Creative Community projects closed on Friday the 10th March at 4pm and the next round wouldn't be until September so there was a real urgency to get it in on time. I also had my sister's Nursing Graduation Ceremony happening on the same day (at 2 pm) the applications for funding closed and right as I was printing out the edited paperwork I ran out of copier paper. Nothing like intense stress to keep you on your toes - or make you have a panic attack!

Anyway, all's well that ends well. I found a few spare sheets of paper, printed the application out and rushed off to drop off the paperwork, then go to my sister's graduation. She had travelled up from Christchurch especially for it and I wanted to be there to support her achievements. It's now a case of "wait and see" if we get funding to assist the tapestry project.
 I took my camera to get a few photos of the occasion. 
My sister with my Dad and Mum.

I'm aware that The Learning Connexion has their Graduation Ceremony Celebrations next month but sadly I'm not going to be able to attend it to receive my Diploma due to work, family commitments and the lack of funds.

I will be travelling to Dunedin at the end of April for an annual Scrap-booking Retreat then busing up to Christchurch to spend time with my sister (who lives there now) so thought I'd get the above photo printed and framed for her. She did get professional photos taken (I sneaked this one in and then saw the sign saying no photographs except ones taken by the Professional Photographer but he let me off because I used a Canon camera like him lol!)

PAPER CRAFTS/ASSEMBLAGE:
I've really enjoyed getting some scrap-booking done and off to a Retreat in Dunedin in late April which is 3 days of creative scrap-booking with a bunch of like-minded women.

ART JOURNALING:
I've also been trying to get some time for art journalling.
Part of that will be to better organise all my creative space!



HARVESTING/FORAGING PLANT MATERIALS:
It's been pruning time around here...
Bay leaves - I'll use these for soap making. 
More calendula - I've got enough to last me a life time now!
Same with lavender - used in both my soap and salves
Pohutukawa and manuka
Boxed up and ready to got in the boot of my car.
The perfect drying space over summer!
Experimenting with cooking pohutukawa to make paper.
Recycling left over paper scraps and packaging paper.
Chopping up flax to cook for paper for my soap labels.
I'm gearing up to start work on my entry for the Art n Tartan Wearable Arts Show.

 I have more creativity stuff  but will start another post for them as I'm off to Rarotonga today., for a wedding that I'm photographer for..yikes!!  I'm freaking out but excited too, as it's my first time out of New Zealand. I am taking my camera and plan taking lots of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment