Since the beginning of the month I've been
busy working on my Art 'n Tartan design.
Shopping for supplies....
..and cutting out the tartan material.
My drawing of my concept and design!
My pots of fibres were all cooked, rinsed and ready to pulp
..which I do using an old secondhand insinkerator.
I made a new long mold and deckle...
and was so happy to wake on Tuesday to clear sunny skies...
Measuring netting for the tree "skirt"..and my concrete
stepping stepping came in handy for weighting the edges.
The trampoline is the perfect support.
I scored a plastic front for $8 so I didn't
need to embarrass my niece by casting
the front of her torso!
.I "made do" with what I had to create the desired shape.
..and got the bath ready with paper pulp (using warm
water I should add, as it was pretty chilly first thing!)
It wasn't easy lifting out the deckle though and
my back was pretty sore by the end of the day!
I'm really happy with being able to make the
longlengths of paper though. It made covering
the torsos and skirts so much easier...
A fallen branch of Kauri leaves, from my neighbour..
Flax, ginger and calla lily from the garden starts the
next batch of fibres for pulping/preparing more paper.
I've been at work (The Bach Art Gallery and Shop)
over the Long Weekend but the paper is still drying
and can't do much until I make more paper.
Next on the list of things to do is adding wire
to shape the branches and root of my tree.
Time: 30 hours (31st May - 4th June)
No comments:
Post a Comment