Friday, 21 June 2013

Week 2.. Diploma Resource 1: Painting

Thematic Painting #1 
Tutor Liz Robinson

Session One: Work from a theme, explore  chosen subject matter and develop your own technique in the process. Draw up a mind map in your visual diary and do some research into the subject. Also look into what other artists have done, their style of application and techniques they have used.

Exercise 1: Set up a still life of objects around you and paint it from light to dark.
Exercise 2: Repeat the exercise using the same still life but this time working from dark to light.

so I set up my still life using fruit. Three pieces.
 A red apple, a green apple and a mango.
I had a bit of a problem with the exercise as
I struggled with understanding HOW to do it.
My first attempt ended up in the bin!
I printed it out in gray-scale and ditched painting the "plate"
This is what I ended up with...
I'm happy enough with it. Love the mango and green apple
not so much the red. I't the heavy shading but that's ok given
 I wasn't even sure WHERE to start with painting!

So now I need to try the exercises AGAIN 
this time FOCUSING on using the method requested. 
Light to Dark. Dark to light. Loosen Up.

Painting: 6 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment